Senior Bioinformatician - UK Based Biotech Business
Position: Senior Bioinformatician
Location: Cambridge, England.
We at CW Talent are excited to be partnered with this exciting UK Based Biotech Business.
Our Client matches those with medical conditions with opportunities to contribute to research, via our unique online platform. They also provide personalised medical insights, information and recommendations. Their platform is private-by-design. They feel strongly that people should be in full control of their sensitive health data and choose who can access it.
Our clients current focus is on neurological and immune conditions (Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Long COVID amongst others).
Over the next year, they are expanding their product to be a 'patient portal' for national scale precision medicine initiatives such as Genomics England, with the goal of impacting millions of people.
As an Ideal Candidate You will be tasked with:
- You will work with the CTO and CEO, and tech team which encompasses software engineers, designers, and bioinformatics engineers. You will be responsible for developing genomic data analysis pipelines to analyse whole genome, exome, and genotype array data, in particular developing variant interpretation pipelines for monogenic and polygenic disorders.
- Working closely with software engineers to develop pipelines for generating automated genetic reports for patients and healthcare providers including for clinical applications, and as educational/informational tools
We would love to see :
- Significant experience in bioinformatics in a clinical or research setting
- Experience working with cloud services for data analysis.
- Our client uses Amazon Web Services, but experience with any cloud computing provider (e.g. Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure) would be a positive.
- Experience with distributed and/or virtualized compute systems such as Kubernetes, Docker, Singularity etc.. along with pipeline infrastructure such as Nexflow, etc would also be considered.
- Experience writing bioinformatics pipelines to analyse human genomic data focussed on clinical interpretation or research in monogenic disorders (e.g. neurodevelopmental disorders, epilepsy, neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or ALS) or polygenic/complex disease.
- Experience with both monogenic and polygenic diseases is a plus, but is not essential.
- Python programming experience is essential.
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment is preferred, but not essential.
We are looking for people who are comfortable taking on significant individual responsibility, and who can drive projects forward as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.