Pre-Sales Engineer - German Storage Services Business
Position: Pre-Sales Engineer
Location: Remote - Germany / Europe
We at CW Talent are excited to be partnered with this bleeding edge and scaling German Storage Services business.
Our client was founded in January of 2017 with the goal of bring the extensive knowledge of CEPH operations into a software solution, so that other companies and administrators are enabled to use CEPH stable and reliable.
They're looking for an entrenched Pre-Sales Engineer to join their passionate team and have retained us to secure this business critical hire.
We are looking for someone highly intrinsic, always striving to deliver best in class solutions, taking active ownership with an innate curiosity to always dig deeper.
Your mission will be ....
- Technical qualification and advising of appropriate CEPH/DAOS solutions.
- Provide product demonstrations and presentations to customers.
- Proof of Concepts and writing formal RFP response documents.
- Work closely with the sales team to qualify and specifying the best solutions for the customers.
- Assisting partners with appropriate configuration and solutions.
- Become the trusted advisor within customers and partners and maintain a close working relationship with them.
- Sales Support.
- Product Feedback and feature enhancement requests.
We would love to see strong experience in the following ....
- Broad experience of various storage platforms and being able to articulate the pros and cons of them.
- Technical sales support or technical experience in storage products preferred.
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn new skills and disciplines.
- Familiarity with object storage preferably CEPH.
- Familiarity with Linux and open source software in general.
- Understanding of different transports used in storage. (iSCSI, SMB, NFS, NVMEoF)
- Experience in positioning distributed storage solutions.
- Experience of working with Open source software.
- Experience in the performance characteristics of different types of storage (HDD, SSD, NVME’s) and the implications of different types of network technology.
- Fluent spoken/written communication in English.