Lead Backend Programmer - German Gaming Business
Position: Lead Backend Programmer
Location: Remote - Germany / Europe / UK
We at CW Talent are excited to be partnered with this exciting and ever so scaling German gaming business.
Our Client is a scaling video game development start-up, creating an exciting survival and exploration game for PC and consoles. They are a fully remote company and welcome diverse team members.
On this occasion we have been retained to secure an entrenched Lead Backend Programmer a passion for building scalable and reliable backend web services.
We are looking for someone with an innate curiosity to always dig deeper, to follow the latest trends in their field of expertise and constantly push the solutions further.
This role will start out being very hands-on directly implementing services, but will later evolve into a mixed management role of leading a small team of backend developers.
You will join a small closely-knit team of ambitious game makers working on defining the next evolution of the survival games genre, and as an early employee you’ll have the ability to influence the direction of both the game and how they build their culture.
We would love to see strong experience in the following ....
- 5 years of experience writing backend services in the .NET tech stack
- Expert C# skills
- Experience writing backend services using GRPC or Web API
- Experience developing database solutions using relational SQL databases
- Experience using caching technologies to accelerate response time of backend services
- Good knowledge of cloud-based hosting and deployment services using containers
- Experience setting up and running automated build- and deployment services
- Experience running Continuous Integration loops to constantly test and deploy latest code changes
- At least basic knowledge managing Linux and Windows servers
- A proactive mindset focussed on building great experiences for players
What we Offer.....
- Work from anywhere
- Make a difference immediately
- Join a fast-growing scale-up
- Competitive salary.