Java BackEnd Developer - Berlin Gaming Business
Position: Java BackEnd Developer
We at CW Talent are excited to be partnered with this exciting Berlin based Gaming company.
Our client is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans with a mission to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of Esports enthusiasts around the globe.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Java BackEnd Developer. You will be tasked with:
- Working with backend team of engineers to grow, extend and improve the PvP esports management game.
- Implement new features in collaboration with the game design and frontend teams.
- Scaling the backend to support 100,000+ DAU with minimal response times.
- Distribute the backend across AWS regions to improve response times for users on all continents while still allowing cross-region gameplay.
we would love to see strong experience in the following ….
- 5 years of experience as a Java developer.
- Experience with Vertx, Spring Boot and/or Python.
- Experience with using, tuning and profiling solutions provided by AWS infrastructure to best suit the business needs.
- Experience with event driven architectures, especially SQS.
- Strong experience in planning, building and maintaining complex consumer-facing backend systems.
- Experience with CI/CD methods and practices.
- Experience running and maintaining a CI/CD system is a plus.
- Experience with using, optimizing, debugging and profiling PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Redis and other database systems.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Experience with Eclipse Vert.x
- Experience with similar event-driven or functional-style framework or programming language (Node.js, Tornado, Erlang OTP, etc)
- Experience in the games industry.
- Interest in Esports.
Our client will offer all the support they can; making your working experience one you will fondly look back to, they will provide you the platform to Make an impact i.e. shape the next hit mobile free to play game, touching the lives of millions of end-users! They encourage a constant learning environment and cross sharing of ideas.
If you would like to discuss the brand, the games (past and future), the company and the role ... Get in touch and we can schedule a meeting!