Bioinformatics Developer - English Biotech Business
Position: Bioinformatics Developer
We at CW Talent are excited to be partnered with this exciting English Biotech company.
Our Client is harnessing the power of the immune system to cure disease by using nature’s most effective search engine: adaptive immunity. Their unique approach identifies groups of resilient individuals, such as long-term survivors of cancer, to learn how they overcome or resist disease. Using leading-edge science and deep learning, they create therapeutics from those antibodies present across the resilient population.
As an Ideal Candidate You will be tasked with:
- Developing and refining data processing and analysis pipelines
- Developing new approaches for the quality control of our data
- Championing software development best practices
- Working with commercial and custom LIMS for data management
- Presenting your ideas and work to employees from a wide range of technical backgrounds
- Keeping current on new cloud computing techniques, methodologies and approaches that might enhance the platform
We would love to see :
- A graduate degree (MSc or PhD) in bioinformatics or related field
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with bioinformatics pipeline development
- Experience working with high-throughput sequencing data
- An interest in learning more about antibody biology
- A passion for creating great quality, re-usable, documented and tested code
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Benchling or other LIMS software
- Experience writing pipelines in Nextflow
- Experience of building and deploying applications in AWS especially in AWS Batch
- Experience working in the biotech industry
Our client will offer all the support they can; making your working experience and day to day fantastic, they will be involved with the latest techs welcoming ideas from all levels! If you would like to discuss the brand, the product and the role ... Get in touch and we can schedule a meeting!